St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School has a nurturing faith community at its foundation. The caring and professional staff, in partnership with parents, strive to support every child realise their potential. The school is set on extensive grounds in a quiet and safe setting where we boast first-class facilities and resources to enrich the learning environment. We understand that wellbeing is vital to ensure each child maximises their capacity and enjoys learning success in a range of fields.
What makes us different?
- Strong welcoming and supportive community
- Faith formation and spiritual development
- Inclusive education for students at all levels of learning
- Focus on strong and continual learning growth
- Commitment to wellbeing through the implementation of evidence-based programs
- First-class facilities and resources
- Extensive grounds and a variety of play areas in a quiet, leafy and safe setting
- Successful music and band program
- Annual whole school end of year concert
- Modern Greek language program (K-6)
- Kinder-Yana Transition Program for students starting Kindergarten
- Aspect Satellite classes for students on the Autism Spectrum
- Early Learning Centre run by Catholic Care on site
- OSHC & Vacation Care run by Catholic Care on site
- Combined Parish and school celebrations
- Fee relief
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to be of the Catholic Faith?
No, we accept all families, we only ask that you support us in our teaching of the Catholic Faith.
Are the school fees expensive?
We have school fees but they are much less than sending your child to childcare/preschool. We offer fee relief, and no family will be refused a place in our school for financial reasons.
How are playground issues handled?
At SJB we believe an individual’s wellbeing is fundamental to them reaching their potential. The Zones of Regulation is used across the school to help students consciously identify and regulate their emotions, which can lead to increased control and problem-solving skills. We ensure on the playground and in the classroom that your child is physically safe, cared for and nurtured.